Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Dangerous Ties by J.L. Beck~Review

Dangerous Ties (Ties Series #1)Dangerous Ties by J.L. Beck
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, where do I start. This book blew me away, it was not at all what I was expecting to read. To say I devoured this book would be the only way I can describe how I read it. From page one I was obsessed. I read this book rather quickly and in one setting and the only negative if you want to call it that is that I wish it was longer, much, much longer because I absolutely loved the originality of the storyline and the way in which the characters were portrayed. This book was a true breath of fresh air, it was just what I needed to get me out of a long book slump. This book is dark, and I’m usually not a fan of the darker stuff but this is dark done right. I’m not going to give away any big chunks of the storyline, I’d rather you read it and discover everything on your own, because that’s how I like to get into a book, with a blank slate. The only thing I will say about the storyline is that Grayson and Ellie are both living a tragedy which has greatly shaped who they individually are. Death and pain is something that surrounds them both. I really enjoyed how the connection between Grayson and Ellie was portrayed, an ill fated love that you just have to root for. One of my favorite things that Grayson said was” I want you. Even if I shouldn’t, even if it’s against all the rules, even if we both die tonight this is what I want”. The book ended on a huge gut wrenching cliffy and I’m dying to know how the story will continue. I can’t wait for the next installment and I hope we get it within a reasonable amount of time. 5 easy stars to JL Beck.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment