Thursday, July 16, 2015

Flawed Love


Review:

4 Stars for

Flawed Love

By, Bella Jewel

http://amzn.com/B0112HLRZ6



Flawed Love (House of Obsidian, #2)Flawed Love by Bella Jewel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

If you enjoy reading friends to lovers and second chance romances then this is the book for you. I am giving this book 4 stars because I did really enjoy it with the exception of one aspect of the story, which I will mention shortly. This book is part two of a series, you don’t have to read the first book in order to enjoy this one but if you want the backstory on some of the secondary characters the first book is a good place to start.

This book is the story of Rainer and Emalie told largely through Emalie’s perspective. I loved how the author used flashback chapters to give us the full depth of the connection and history between Rainer and Emalie. Rainer and Emalie started out as best friends who evolved into lovers. They were clearly soul mates; Rainer would do anything for her, and to protect her, which led to him pushing her away, and his subsequent disappearance. Emalie was utterly devastated when Rainer disappeared. As soon as Emalie finds out that Rainer is back in town she decides that she is going to do whatever it takes to get him back into her life, and it accounts for a lot of good sexy fun. There is a huge hiccup when Emalie realizes that Rainer doesn’t remember her yet it doesn’t stop her from getting him back into her life.

We find out that Rainer has gone through some unspeakable life altering tragedy and because of this he has lost some of his memory. He has not only forgotten who Emalie is but he has also fallen in love with Pippa. And here lies my biggest problem with Rainer, his love and devotion to Pippa. I could not get over the pedestal he put Pippa on even after things progress with Emalie, and I don’t think I’d be interested in reading a book about her if there was one to come out. Pippa has this boyfriend she is supposedly madly in love with and yet she is jealous of Rainer and Emalie reconnecting.

The outcome was a great conclusion to the story yet I feel like as good as it was that Emalie fought harder for Rainer than he did for her and yet I still also feel like they are destined to be together. So I guess this book took me all over the place with feelings, I felt frustrated at times, hopeful, sad and heartbroken for the characters and still happy for them too. These characters definitely have a journey to take before they get their hea. I look forward to the next book in the series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment